Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rubbermaid Closet Organizers

Click here for additional information or to purchase the Rubbermaid Closet Organizer pictured in this post.

There is little more frustrating than going to your closet and attempting to locate an item you need right now only to have no luck due to the clutter that consumes many of our closets.  To help better organize our closets, there are few products available with any more flexibility than Rubbermaid closet organizers.  These closet organization systems feature kits that can easily be used in closets from three to eight feet in length, adjustable shelves and expandable single double and single hang rods, as well as, all needed mounting hardware.  Due to the quality materials used by Rubbermaid, most of their closet organization items receive ratings of four to five stars on Amazon.  Read below what people are saying about these products.

I bought a new house that had blank closets. I liked that I could order two of the same product and customize my daughter's and my closet differently according to our needs. Our closets were an inch or two shy of 8 feet. The hardest part was finding the studs since I have thick plaster walls. There are studs on both edges of the closet. I had to drill a few holes to find the other stud. Once I found the first one that was not at the edge of the closet, the remaining two were 16" apart. What I did find weird is that the uprights (which need to go into studs or anchored-plaster anchors are not included, only drywall ones are) are supposed to be 22" apart. This means that they won't be hitting the studs without some adjustments. Overall, I am extremely happy with the way my closets turned out. I have even rearranged my daughter's closet once with ease.

After looking at several different closet systems, I decided on Rubbermaid because of a) brand, b) price and c) ability to customize to fit my needs. It's great to open your box and find that all hardware and parts are there and undamaged. I also appreciate instructions that are easy to read and include pictures and diagrams. Being a 60+ female and power-tool-challenged, I still was able to do most of the work and only needed my husband to fasten the last wall anchor! Our closet was a tad smaller than 4', but we didn't have any trouble cutting things down to size. It feels VERY sturdy. The recommended height seems too high for the upper shelf; however, it has to be in order to hang a second bar at a lower level. As long as the wall anchors hold everything up in our plaster walls, I'm going to be very happy with this storage system.

I researched 2 other brands of closet systems before settling on this one. I was a little concerned because the price of this system was lower than some others we saw, but the quality is great. We purchased this item for our 7' closet in our master bedroom. It didn't have enough room for the 2 of us and now we do. I love this item, I was able to empty 3 closets in our house into this system. I wish it came with more shelf brackets, but no biggie. It was easy to hang up, after reading the instructions and marking the studs the whole project took about 1 hour to attach it to the wall.


About Rubbermaid
For more than 70 years, Rubbermaid has committed to creating durable, innovative products that help simplify life and make living and work spaces more comfortable and attractive. From its original line of simple housewares, Rubbermaid has expanded to become a major designer of a wide array of products ranging from home and garden to seasonal and commercial products. Recognized as a "Brand of the Century" by the Brand Marketing magazine, Rubbermaid prides itself on being a name synonymous with excellent quality housewares.

No comments: